All plans are drawn at ¼” scale or larger and include:
- Exterior Elevations: A blueprint picture of all four sides showing exterior materials and height measurements
- Roof Plan: A view of the roof from the top, showing roof configuration, slope, hips/valleys, and overhang
- Foundation Plan: Drawn to 1/4″ scale, this page shows all necessary notations and dimensions including support columns, walls and excavated and unexcavated areas. Most of our plans show a basement or crawl space or slab plan.
- Floor Plan(s): Detailed plans, drawn to 1/4″ scale for each level showing room dimensions, wall partitions, windows, doors, cabinetry, beams/headers, etc..
- Cross Section: A vertical cutaway view of the house from roof to foundation showing details of framing, construction, flooring and roofing.
- Details: Typical details of structural elements.
- Notes and Specification: Design Criteria notes, important Building Codes and Portal Frame Details
Please note that items, such as mechanical, electrical, and plumbing layout, fixtures, and finish products, are matters of local construction practices or personal taste. Their detailed specifications are a typical function of the general contractor, and a usual part of the construction contract documents.